Maybe you just want to have your domain name and hosting services in one place and manage them from a single dashboard. You may also have wondered why others have decided to move and when you asked why, I guess they told you Rillahost services are friendly and “lit”.
Whatever your reasons may be, we are here to support you through the process of transferring your domain name to Rillahost.
Before initiating a domain name transfer, here are conditions that must be satisfied as prescribed by the global registry:
- The domain name to be transferred must be over 60 days old from initial registration;
- The domain name has not been transferred within the last 60 days;
- The domain name status is not on “Hold”,(make sure you unlock the domain) and;
- The domain name Registrar Lock should be disabled
- Also, get the domain name EPP or Authorization Code (Keep this safe from malicious persons or online platforms)
You can ask the current registrar to help you with 4 & 5 if the functionalities are not available on their domain management dashboard
Once you’ve confirmed that all these conditions are satisfied, kindly move on to initiate the transfer with the following steps:
- Login to your client account on our website
- From the top menu bar, click “Domains” then click “Transfer Domain to us” from the drop-down menu
- Once the Transfer Domain page is opened, enter the domain name and EPP or Authorization Code you got from the current registrar
You can now click “Add to Cart” to complete the order and make payment
It is important to note that when you transfer a domain name, a new 1 year active period is added to the current one. Hence, the expiration date will be extended by a year.
Also, you will be notified if any issue is encountered and the process can be repeated without charge, when all parameters are properly set.
Your domain name transfer request will now be submitted and this could take up to 5 working days to complete.